Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gardening for all seasons

The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler, and it's time to put your summer garden to bed. Wait! Don't do a thing until you hear Merrimack Garden Club President Michelle Demerjian on Thursday, September 27 at 7 pm. She'll be at the library talking about Gardening for All Seasons.

The "Farm"--2011
I garden at my 3rd floor condo on a tiny deck I refer to as the "Farm." There I grow things in pots: tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, and two kinds of peppers. There's also some flowers on the deck railing. In my equally-tiny living room, I have an Aerogarden, where I grow lettuce or cherry tomatoes year-round. I've had gardens of various sizes over the years at houses long sold, and I'm looking forward to having another when I move to Maine in a year or so and have a real yard again. In the meantime, I'm really interested to hear what Michelle has to say about 4-season gardening. Her presentation will include some slides to inspire all of us.

This program is free and open to all adults and teens. Registration is suggested so we have an estimate of how many chairs we'll need. You can sign up on our online calender, send an email, or call 424-5021.

No comments: