Friday, October 14, 2011

Appreciation for Interlibrary Loan

I just received flowers for doing my job! The leader of a new book group in town was so grateful that I spent time with her in deciding their book for October and then procuring enough copies, she sent in a nice fall bouquet of flowers.

This takes a bit of the sting out of the legislator’s recent criticism of interlibrary loan and the efficient way we are performing. I’ve never heard anyone say they’ve received their materials too quickly. If the items arrive on the van sooner than expected, patrons might be surprised, and then delighted. To cut any more van deliveries will drastically affect the level of service we provide to our patrons. I consider it a major step backward.

Someone appreciated me today, and it feels so nice.

No comments: