Monday, November 14, 2011

Another Job Seminar with Tim McMahon

New date! Career Counselor Tim McMahon will be back on Thursday, December 8 for a follow-up to his recent seminar for people seeking new jobs. This time, he'll be answering The JobSeekers FAQ. Tim will expand on his previous seminar by focussing on the feedback from attendees that indicated what topics they wanted to explore further. Some of those topics will be:

  • How do I use social media like LinkedIn and Facebook to find new networking contacts and more job openings?
  • How can I get companies to notice me when I apply online?
  • How do I win the job when I'm not the exact fit?
  • What kind of companies are most likely to hire me?
  •  Handling challenging interviews - the phone screen, the group interview, 2nd and 3rd interviews.

  • So, if you attended Recharge Your Job Search, or even if you didn't, join us at 6:30 pm on December 8 in the Klumpp Room. Registration is helpful for planning purposes, but not necessary. Visit our calendar to register, call 424-5021, or email. 

    No comments: