Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring is in the air and that means tax forms

Time is marching towards April 15 and tax forms have arrived at the library.

While the library staff cannot answer tax questions, we do supply some of the more commonly used federal tax forms, including the 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ instruction booklets. We also have the Massachusetts non-resident tax booklet.

If you're at home and need a federal tax form, you can go to the IRS website to download the it. On the first page of the IRS website, in the upper left-hand corner, is a box titled "Forms and Publications." You can search there for the form you need.

The NH Department of Revenue Interest and Dividends Tax Return form (also known as the DP10) is also available online, along with other New Hampshire tax forms.

Free tax form assistance is available at following two sites in Merrimack:

John O'Leary Adult Community Center
5 Church St.
walk-ins welcome
make appointment on-site
Wednesdays 9am - 11:30 am

6 Henry Clay Drive
Call 424-3908 or 440-3889 for appointment
Available dates are 2/24 and 3/3

More local sites offering tax form assistance can be found here.

No comments: