Friday, March 13, 2009

Teen Collection Gains More Shelf Space

Janet struck a deal with the copier company that owns our copiers. We got rid of the two decrepit ones and traded up for a "new" digital machine. Since we are now down to having one copier in the periodical room, the back wall where the reference copier was is now bare. I asked if I could have that space for teen books, and I got it! Right now it looks like I will be putting graphic novels there since that won't break-up the sequence of the fiction. It looks like I will probably have space for two more shelving units, that Dan (our handy-man with a plan) will be making for the collection. This is neat for me. I am proud that I have been able to be an advocate for the teen collection, and make more space for them in the teen area. It feels good to know that my work here has shaped the direction and physical space of the library's overall collection through my advocacy.

No comments: