Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Job Hunt @ Your Library

The library is a great resource for prospective job seekers. I have seen many people come into the library and use our resources for their job search. We have books on resumes, cover letters, job interviews, and the Occupational Outlook Handbook. In addition to the various employment search related websites out there, our computers have resume creating software installed on them. I have to say that the resume creating software is a great tool. I have had several job seekers tell me that they used the resume software and it created the best resume they had ever written up for themselves. They even credited the software with helping them get the jobs they were looking for. Before I finish this post I also want to mention NH Works, it is a good resource for job seekers some of the links on it are broken however, there are many useful links and directions to local offices. It will even help job seekers get linked up with NH Employment Security's Job Match System.

No comments: