Don't panic! The library may be closed, but its website is open for business! There you'll find links to online databases for students in K-12, recommended web sites on many school subjects, and a link to the library’s catalog.
The Merrimack Library staff is ready to help your child to school success with print and online homework resources. Your child's library visits will be more productive if they remember to bring a few essentials:
- The assignment, so we know exactly what the teacher expects
- Office supplies such as paper, pens, pencils, markers, ruler, calculator, etc.
- Change for the copier or computer printouts
- A memory stick to save their computer work (or buy one here for $7.00)
- A library card to check out materials
Children must be six years old or be able to print their name to get their own library cards. Children under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent when applying for a library card. A card must be presented to check out books and is also needed if you use the online databases from home. Proof of address is required for card registration.
As a new school year begins, we're looking forward to seeing your children--and you, too--at the library. In fact, as I write this, students are coming through the door, assignments in hand. Time to go!