Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tea for Two (Hundred)

The library staff will be cooking up a sweet feast this weekend as we prepare for our annual Holiday Tea on Tuesday, December 4, from 4-6 p.m. in the Klumpp Room on the lower level. A lengthy sign-up sheet of goodies on the staff room bulletin board tells me this will be our best holiday party ever.

There'll be hot tea, cider, finger sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, and an assortment of tempting items for your sweet tooth. (And me on a diet--drat!) Believe me, we have some talented cooks on the staff, so this event is not to be missed. No reservation is necessary. Regardless of which holiday you celebrate in December--or even if you have no holiday plans at all--this is a nice treat on a cold afternoon, our annual way of saying "Thanks!" for allowing us to serve you for another year. We hope you will stop by and say "Hello," sit a few moments and enjoy a snack and some friendly chatter with old and new friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every year I say I think I'll go but this will be my first time. It sounds great and I am looking forward to attending. I am sure I will be impressed as I have been with many of your programs.
Thanks to all of you and Merry Christmas!