Friday, February 2, 2007

The Boy Who Lived--Harry Potter Returns for His Final Chapter

One of the best things about my job here at the library is that I get to select the books we buy for the Young Adult collection. Sometimes it is a hard decision, since I have a limited budget and need to spend it carefully. When I get a chance to order a book that I know will be instantly popular it's an easy decision.

J.K. Rowling's seventh and final Harry Potter book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will hit the shelves on July 21, 2007. It is a guaranteed best-seller and an instant hit amongst the circle of library patrons I travel in. To be able to buy a book like this for the library gives me great satisfaction. Whatever happens to Harry and his crew in his last book will likely keep many patrons up long past their bedtimes reading...and that is a good thing.

No comments: